Sunday, March 05, 2006

Run, Mommy, Run


It's been a week now since the half marathon, and I'm still feeling motivated and energized by running at my Alma Mater. All in all, I am pleased with my racing experience. My first goal, my "safety goal" was to beat my personal best, which was an hour and forty-nine minutes. But then, I gained more confidence in myself right before the race began and the goal changed to an hour and forty-four minutes. It probably had something to do with my training partner saying, "there is NO reason for you not to run this in that time, Katie!!" She later retracted that statement after running the first hilly mile. I decided to meet in the middle of my two goals on the last mile of the race and try to get in under an hour and forty-six minutes.

My brother, Daniel, ran exceptionally well for his first half marathon. He came across the line in just about two hours and his fiance', Patti, finished with a great time of an hour and fifty-seven minutes. She is getting ready for a marathon in just a few weeks.

The race was great. Hilly and windy and cold, but great. It was wonderful to see some of my college friends and share this race with Michael and a very good friend from home. I have to give a lot of credit to Josh and my family. It was a cold day for them to sit and wait for me, Daniel, and Patti to cross the finish line. Sometmes it's more unpleasant to be a race spectator than a runner in the race.

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

Congratulations Katie!! You look so fantastic. Can't wait to see you and little Michael in April. We love you, Joe, Laura and HS