



Yesterday Michael and I went to see my grandmother and my Aunt Doris with my parents. We had a wonderful time, but I wish our visit with both of them was longer. The day was spent visiting, eating, napping, watching basketball, and playing with Michael. I am hoping that we can go for a longer visit during my spring break.
Michael "wowed" everyone with his standing/walking capabilities. I just can't believe that he is even getting close to this stage. Yesterday he would hold my father's pointer finger while standing and then let go for an instant and then grab his pointer finger again. And while he does seem interested in walking, I read in a "Dr. Spock" book that you should not encourage a baby to walk before he is ready, not because it could cause harm to the baby's legs or muscles. But, because if a baby is not ready to walk and develops an interest in walking/standing, he could possibly want to walk "suspended" all the time; hence, making his parents even more exhausted than they already are. Interesting! Dr. Spock says, "you don't have to do anything to teach your baby to walk." Well, there's a load off of our backs.
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog!!! It takes the load off of us having to keep up with ours :)
Post a Comment