Friday, March 31, 2006

Milestone Madness!!

Today was an eventful day for little Michael Benton. First, the very unfortunate and upsetting event, he climbed out of his "exersaucer" onto his head. Please don't be alarmed, he is doing just fine. He does have a bruise on his forehead, but otherwise he is completely happy and playful. Apparently, there was a toy that he REALLY wanted on the floor of his babysitter's kitchen and he went for it by thrusting himself out of the saucer.

Michael's second milestone (I probably should not refer to the mishap at daycare as a milestone, but it is the first of many bumps and bruises to come), was pulling himself up from a prone position. As I was loading the dishwasher, he decided to try to help and quickly crawled over. I was on the phone with a dear friend (Carrie) when he accomplished this great feat. He tried to pull himself up about an hour later, but had lost his strength and willpower after accomplishing his third great task of the day.

His third accomplishment was probably his greatest thus far, according to Michael. He FINALLY, after numerous attempts, reached Duncan's food before I could move his dish. Michael had a blast playing with the tiny pellets of food and splashing in Duncan's backwash filled water. GROSS!! What is even MORE disgusting, is that Michael actually tried to EAT a piece of Duncan's food.

So, my question is...after posting this very eventful day, could I possibly be a worse mother than I was today??? Letting my son eat dog food definitely takes the cake.

0 comments: